Scarlet Cartridge Heaters
Special Considerations High Density Cartridge heaters
· Multicircuits: ¾” diameter cartridge heaters can be provided with independent heat zones thru multicircuit or 3 phase resistance wire winding. These heaters permit uniform heat along the entire length of the heater where heat transfer rates must vary between spcific heated areas. Consult us for minimum length requirements.
· Profiled Heat: Cartridge heaters can be manufactured with a shaped profile heat distribution to balance out heat applied along the length of the heater.
· Thermostats: Various thermostats, meeting different sensitivities, can be incorporated into and made an integral part of our cartridge heaters to control or act as a safety monitor against excessive temperature.
· Proflex Wire: Cartridge heaters can be supplied with heavy duty stranded wire to prevent lead breakage due to flexing. It is available in most lead configurations.
· Moisture Resistant Barriers: In addition to the Teflon seal heaters, which will withstand operating temperatures up to 300°F, various epoxy compounds can be supplied at the lead wire end for heater operation up to 450°F. Consult us for detailed information
· Other Accessories: Cartridge heaters can be supplied with grounded, twist-lock as well as ULlisted, dead front (hospital grade) electrical plugs. Post terminal and terminal boxes for protection of electrical connections are available.
· Metric size heaters: We manufacture metric dimension cartridge heaters for customers with this requirement.
Nominal: 1/4” 3/8” 1/2” 5/8” 3/4”
Actual (+- .002): .245” .370” .495” .620” .745”
+- .020 inch/ft.
Lead Wire Length
+- 2% or 1/2” whichever is greater
+- 2% or 3/32” whichever is greater
1- Use the closest practical fit
2- Protect leads from moisture, physical damage
3- Avoid excessive lead wire length
4- Locate your temperature sensing switch to 1/2” (1.27 cm) from element.